Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

I came up with a list of ideas I could use to go green and save green.

I could use Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs and I probably should.
I could unplug appliances when I'm not using them. I do unplug my toaster....does that count?
I could wash clothes in cold water whenever possible. I usually just wash my darks in cold, but I could try it all.
I could take shorter showers to reduce water use. But I don't know how much shorter I can make them. I have to take very quick showers anyway, because one - I sleep in and two - Miley waits for me in her travel crib in the bathroom almost every morning.
I could install a low-flow shower head. I actually tried that and I hated it so I probably won't be doing that again.
I could ride my bike to work. I really should start doing that. Before I was pregnant with Miley, I rode my bike to work everyday. It was great. Now I am lazy.
I can make my own cleaning supplies. I actually wouldn't even know where to begin, but maybe someday.

There is so many tips and ideas online about going green. I bet I could find a couple I wouldn't mind doing and there's also a lot I'm already doing and didn't even know it. How about that.

Happy Earth Day!

1 comment:

  1. I went to Target yesterday morning and they gave me a free reusable tote, instead of a plastic bag. I didn't even know it was earth day!!! After hearing it was earth day I felt like I should go hug a tree, but then I remembered that we don't live in Bluff anymore and people around here would probably look at me like I was weird!!

    I would probably hate the low flow shower head too! Im just impressed that you actually tried it for a while! Good for you!!

    Um...I still haven't sent of Mileys clothes yet, I keep forgetting. I will try to remember to send them with Grant to work tomorrow so he can mail them off! They are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete