Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Trip to Disneyland!

Friday June 19, we left to St. George. We stayed at the Best Western Coral Hills. It was a nice motel. I was scared it was going to be run down and full of bugs. I was surprised, because I liked it. Saturday morning we went to pick up a rental car. We reserved a full size car, but the full size car had something wrong with it so they let us take a mini van for the same price. I was scared we wouldn't have room for all our stuff in a car, but I didn't have to worry about that with the van. We had plenty of room. We rented a white Kia Sedona. Although it was nice, I don't think that would be my choose of car or van.
We than went to Las Vegas. We ate at In and Out burger and than went to check in at our hotel. We stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton. The Hilton was also a nice hotel. Before we left I was reading reviews on the hotels we were planing on staying at and there was a couple of reviews for the Hilton about bed bugs. I was so scared. That is disgusting. But we had no bed bugs and everything was good. We had a king size bed at every hotel except for the on in Cali. That made it so much nicer because having Miley in the middle, moving all over the place doesn't give us much room.
In Vegas we went to the Coke store and meet the Coke polar bear. Of course I wanted to buy the picture they took of us. (Not cheap) We also went to the M&M store. We went to the MGM Grand but Miley was sleeping and didn't get to see the lions. Oh well, maybe next time. For dinner we went to the Garden Buffet at Planet Hollywood. That is probably our favorite buffet. They have everything. There desert buffet is to die for. We also love the crab legs. We had so much crab and shrimp. We gave Miley some of our pasta. She loved it. She got very hyper after eating. I don't know if was all the pasta she ate or if it was the chocolate moose pie I shared with her.

The next day we were off to California. But before leaving Las Vegas we had to have In and Out Burger again.
The traffic to California was crazy. It took forever to get there. Luckily before we left we printed directions from google maps to help us get there. It was great. We didn't get lost. When we got there we checked in to our hotel. We stayed at the Disneyland Paradise Pier hotel. It was so nice being so close to the park. We couldn't decided if we wanted to go into the park that night or wait until the morning so we just decided to hang out at Downtown Disney. We ate dinner at Tortilla Joe's and watched the fireworks from our table and went to a couple of the shops before heading back to the room for the night. We took Miley in her Snow White dress. She would get so much attention in her dress. She wore her dress a couple of nights while at Disneyland. I didn't want to her wear it during the day because it was so hot. One of the comments we heard and really like was "That's what Snow White had to have looked like as a baby."
We had so much fun at Disneyland and California Adventures. We all had 5 day park hopper tickets. We didn't feel rushed and we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves the whole time.

The only bad part of the trip was Miley, Miles and I all got sick. It sucked. I wasn't surprised that I got sick. I get sick every time we go somewhere. The night before I got sick we had In and Out Burger again. I was obsessed with there burgers. They are probably the only burgers I could eat everyday. I'm not really a big fan of hamburgers. But after being sick, I didn't crave anymore. The thought of another one made me sick. I just hope the next time I'm around In and Out I'll be able to enjoy it again.
While at Disneyland and California Adventures we took Miley on the train, the Ferris wheel and "It's a Small World". She loved "It's a Small World". I also loved "It's a Small World"! I also went on California Screamin, Soarin over California, Indiana Jones Adventure, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Grizzly River Run. Miles and Mike went on Space Mountain and Matterhorn bobsleds, but it was too late so Miley and I went back to the room and went to bed. Miles also went on Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, but I wasn't feeling good when he got his fast pass ticket so I didn't go on that one and I didn't want to wait in line forever.
Fast Pass is the way to go. It made me feel like v.i.p to hand them my ticket and walk past everyone in line and be on the ride within 5 minutes. We tried to do fast pass most of the time.


While in the parks Miley met with lots of characters. She met Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Mulan, Snow White, Cinderella, Tinker Bell, Iridessa and Pluto. At the parks they offer a photo pass. They take the picture, put in on a card and you can view and order your pictures on line. We did that with most of our photos. They are not cheap but they are cute photos so I'm going to have to order them with a photo cd.


We also saw two parades. One was a electrical parade at night. We all really enjoyed those.


We always took our own water into the park. I told myself I wasn't going to buy drinks there, but I guess I couldn't resest. I was always crazing Spite or something with flavor. I don't even want to know how much I spent on drinks and junk food. It was $3.75 for a flavored water. Crazy!
One of the days in Cali we went to Huntington Beach. I love the beach. There wasn't very many people there which was great. The water felt so good. We all enjoyed playing in the sand. Miley really loved the sand. She even tried to eat it. She also really enjoyed feeling the water. I didn't want to leave the beach but I couldn't stay there forever.



On our way back we stopped in Vegas and stayed the night. We stayed at the Stratosphere. We didn't get there till late because we played at Disneyland before leaving. We also had to leave Vegas early to get the rental car back. We than drove all the way home. We got back Saturday night (June 27). Miley did really good in the car except for the last hour. Than I was telling Miles to speed and hurry home. Miley wanted out of her car seat. Luckily we made it home safe and sound and we all had a really good time.
It was also fun to that Grandma and Grandpa Harrison, Mike, Sharla, Sheila, Chrys, Geniel, Lyle, Colton, Celeste, Tony, and Talon all went to California too. It was fun hanging out with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for you to post about this! It looks like you guys had so much fun! Except the getting sick part....NO FUN!!!

    Did you just love Soarin over California?

    Miley looks so cute in her snow white dress! She really does look like a baby snow white!!

    I want to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete