Friday, May 1, 2009

Flashback Friday

Since Miley's first birthday is coming upon us way too fast, I decided to do Flashback Fridays to remember things I wish I blogged about...but it was before I had a blog.


On June 17, 2008, at 39 weeks pregnant I was induced to have Miley because I have developed preeclampsia.

That morning we were to be there at 8:30 a.m. I was too excited/nervous to eat my breakfast, so I made a picture of my mom in my oatmeal.
We than arrived to the San Juan Hospital and got settled in. They started Pitosin on me around 10:00 am - 10:30 am. At first I was just enjoying making jokes about the IV's in me (Tubey Tubey) and watching TV. Than I started feeling the pain. I knew I was going to want an epidural, but I wanted it fast! After the epidural I was feeling good. I was eating Popsicles and jello and drinking juice. Feeling like a champ, than the pain was slowly returning. They told me I might feel a little pain and to push the button on the epidural thing when I needed relief. I was pushing that stupid button every half second. It wasn't working. After long, I was feeling everything. It hurt so bad. The stupid epidural wore off on me. They did give me stadol to help with the pain and it did. I felt loopy. I couldn't keep my eyes open and I wanted to take a nap. I wasn't really sure what was going on around me. I remember Dr. Black walking in and saying, "It's good your getting rest". I figured I still had a while, but they were in a hurry and stripping my bed. Than Dr. Black told me I could start pushing during my next contraction. That was a shock to me. I thought I still had forever. After 30 minutes of pushing and half time of the NBA championship (Los Angeles Lakers (92) vs. Boston Celtics (131), at 8:35 p.m. Miley Tiara Harrison was born. Everything after that was kind of a blur to me. They cleaned her up, warmed her up, weighed and measured her (5 lbs. 14 oz and 18 1/2 inches) and than I was holding her. My mom and dad went to eat pizza. My mom thought she would be back before I delivered so when she walked in she was talking to my aunt on the phone telling her they must have gave me more pain medicine because I was smiling. Than she notice I was holding a baby and quickly hung up the phone and rushed into the room. Dr. Black is a great doctor. I'm glad I went to him through my pregnancy. It sure was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Your oatmeal art drawing skills are phenomenal!! It honestly does sort of look like mom...ha!

    Miley, little 5 lb miley....I birthed almost 2 of her with Crew. Can you believe that?

    I hated my tubey tubey, it was such a pain....LITERALLY!!

    ReplyDelete