Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We will miss you Lillie


Today my dad took Lillie to the vet. She has been really sick. She wasn't acting like herself for the last couple of weeks and she has been hiding out a lot. The vet said she might have cancer and she had something else, but I can't remember what it was. He said they could give her something to help her feel better for a while, but it wouldn't cure her. So, they put her down. My dad brought her home and they buried her in the back yard. She was 12 years old. When we first got her, Lillie was going to be Jessie's cat, but we decided we would share our cats. I will miss her very much. She was a great cat. When she was younger we use to say she was stuck up because she didn't like to be pet, but she later turned into a very cuddly cat. I loved it when she would sleep with me our climb up on my lap and want to be pet. She was also a peebody, because sometime she couldn't control her bladder and she would pee on my bed. That was gross, but I still loved her. We will miss you Lillie!

3 comments:

  1. Poor poor Lillie!!

    Leave it to you to freakin write a tribute to her!!! Like the book you wrote for Monty!

    I can't think about it or I will get too sad! But Grant and I are just cracking up with all these pictures you have of Lillie, and then you talk about how she was a peebody and I couldn't stop laughing and you almost made me pee on my bed!

    Lillie lived a long and fruitful life, and the thing I will miss most about Lillie is all her blubber fat that swayed from side to side when she would run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I will miss Lillie too!! Although she never warmed up to me! But I still loved her. I loved when she would sit on the stairs in your bluff house and look down at us like we were not good enough for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across your blog today and just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I'm a cat lover myself so I can only imagine how you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete